2. A river.
3. The word they love to make little kids learn to spell and repeat on command.
– ranks low in a lot of good. categories/high in a bunch of bad categories.
– tons of history. civil war, civil RIGHTS war, etc.
– home of an incredible amount of musicians, writers and overall successful, famous people.
– very solid sports history, and turn out of a lot of professional athletes.
– lots of very friendly folks.
– a few a-holes (ole miss fans). (just kidding….kinda).
– lots of casinos.
– lots of very hot chicks.
– highest african american population % in the country.
– birthplace/home of the blues (screw you, memphis) and birthplace of country music (screw you, nashville).
– very diverse landscapes. from delta flat to rolling hills to piney woods to the beaches of the gulf coast.
As a born & bred Mississippian who is very well-traveled all over the world (AND well-educated — I can even do much more than just read — gasp!), I would never choose live anywhere else!!!
Mississippi is not full of just rednecks and whatever else you call us. We arn’t racist. We get along just like any other state would. Just because we go mud riding, have parties every weekend, cookouts, and like to hang out with friends around town, doesn’t mean we have nothing better to do; that’s just how we have fun. We arn’t uneducated either. Just because we don’t have the best schools doesn’t mean we’re stupid. And for those of you who don’t like the word “ya’ll”, I’m sorry. People just say that down here.
I’ve lived here for 8 years and love it. I would never say anything bad about it no matter what. So to all of you people who live in Washington or Vermont, shut up. If you’ve never been to the state don’t post a definition about Mississippi.
One of the friendliest states; full of old people who love saying hi and young people who love to have fun.
Full of fat people, but the hot skinny ones make up for it.
Full of many educated people who are deemed stupid because of southern accents.
Mississippi is no longer racist, or the many blacks wouldn’t get along so well side by side with the whites.
A great place to visit during the spring and fall, and even winter.
Has one of the best schools in the nation (Biloxi High, blue ribbon school).
Man, you’re living in the past.